Sunday 10 January 2010

Lady in Pink

When looking for a pink graphics, I came across this beautiful Lady
At first I was only intrigued by the colour of the image but after printing the image in a quite big format and then experimenting with various cut outs, her eyes became the focal point turning a beautiful Lady into more of a mystery

and this is how I used it for my card. The colour combination of the card is based on a Sketchy Colors challenge: yellow, pink and a little bit of bronze. It just seems to fit so perfectly.

This Lady is definitely worth a little bit more of exploration.
Petra.

6 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Petra,
I had forgotten about that card! I really like how you focused on the eyes, it makes the card much more interesting. I like your use of the tulle too, it makes me think of a veil from a vintage hat. Wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along again today for "Brag Monday".

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous collage. I love your design with all the different textures too.
Karen

Mendy said...

WOW!! gorgeous! absolutely LOVE the colors here!!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the saturated colors.

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. They catch the eye, draw you in and then reward you for looking!

Thank you for your kind words on my drawings - I'm trying to be fearless in my art this year, or I'd never have posted them!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Petra,
what a great composition - I like your idea of
using the eyes as the focal point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails