Thursday 14 January 2010

January Birthstone

The Daring Cardmakers started a monthly birthstone challenge whereby the first Dare of each month throughout 2010 will be to make cards featuring the birthstone of this month. The birthstone for January is the Garnet

I love the idea of running a challenge throughout the year. And the more I thought about it the more intrigued I felt by the idea of collecting all the birthstone cards and collate them at the end of the year, make them into a little booklet or something. Here is my first card(s)


I created two individual cards, one with the birthstone poem and a second with the embellishments. The patterend paper is by DCWV 'Once upon a time'. I found the images on The Graphics Fairy website. I did some fuzzy cutting to be able to use them together. The edges of the shapes and the images are distressed with VersaColor. Petra.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, I love the idea of birthstone card challenges too! Going to check it out.

Lythan said...

Oh Petra - what an incredibly beautiful card. And it is a great idea to make a collection through the year. I can't wait to see what you do for February. Thanks for going Garnet with DCM this week :)

Jan said...

This is absoloutely beautiful Petra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails