Monday 18 January 2010

Monochrome Monday

Inspired by the current Play Date Cafe Challenge:
As I was not quite sure how to go about this challenge I started to experiment with Gimp and images from the Graphics Fairy. Karen's blog is a true treasure trove and I cannot thank Karen enough for the work she is doing in providing and sharing with us new graphics every day!
My starting point were two images: a bluetinted postcard of a girl and a Halloween Printable which I layered - without altering the colours. The next steps were to find the 'accessories': a crown and a sentiment and a little heart
The colour of the original crown is gold and if you look a bit closer you can still see some golden spots. The heart is part of a winged Valentine heart which I separated from the wings, resized and re-coloured.
The new graphic fits perfectly onto a little canvas which I found in one of my boxes.
Petra.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

oh that image, and love the crown, we so love it when you play, thanks for being with us at the Play Date Cafe this week. Sandi

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Petra,
She looks fabulous with her crown on!!! And the little heart looks so sweet. Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog, that was so nice of you! I always look forward to seeing what you come up with for "Brag Monday" and I'm never disappointed!! Thanks for playing again.

Unknown said...

Your collage is beautiful. I love how you were able to combine so many different elements to create such a lovely design.
Karen

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh I love this, especially her crown :)

Julie Ranae said...

Petra~so glad to have you along with us once again this week....I am a real sucker for crowns...love this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails