Monday 4 January 2010

Fabric Covered Buttons

This is my very first post this year. I can hardly believe it myself but I haven't had any telephone and Internet connection since last Thursday! And I must say this felt quite strange like being on an isolated island :-) Now I am back online and I would like to wish you all a very happy New Year and happy crafting.

Right on top of the my list of things I want to do this year was covering buttons with fabric - not just any fabric but fabric with printed/transferred images. I bought some transfer paper and used some wonderful graphics from The Graphics Fairy and one of my own photos - just to see how it would work


Supplies:
images - The Graphics Fairy, me
paper - T-Shirt Transfer paper from DECAdry
buttons - Prym cover buttons (in various sizes)
quickutz circles
iron, hard flat surface for ironing, printer

For printing I resized the photo and graphics and then printed the images onto the transfer paper. Cut out the printed image in the size you need and iron it onto the fabric. Then cut a circle which is large enough to cover the button surface and leaves enough for tucking it into the button inside. Close the button with the back plate.
I had to experiment a little bit to get it right, at the beginning the fabric was too thick and because I wanted the sides of the basic button to be covered by the image, the size of the cut image must be big enough. But once I've worked it out, it was really easy. And I like the result.
Petra.

5 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Petra,
These are fantastic!!! Your are such a clever crafter, these are just too cute!
Thanks for playing along for another "Brag Monday", I'm so glad you're online again!

Mendy said...

oh wow these are AMAZING!!! great work!!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I can just see these unique and pretty buttons jazzing up a boring blouse or cardigan!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

What a great idea - so clever. They turned out great and there are oh so many possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So clever, I love this idea.
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails