Thursday 10 December 2009

A Sketchy Colors challenge

Very soon my mum has birthday and I wanted to make a bit of a special card for her. The Sketchy Color challenge for this week provided me with a brilliant sketch to use for this special occasion
It was also an opportunity to use my Magnolia stamp for the very first time ever

Supplies:
paper - Cratepaper
stamp - Magnolia
ink - VersaColor, Artemio
bling - Kanban
flowers - Artemio
Quickutz - circles and scalloped circles
Nestabilities - label 1
punch - little flower
brads - BasicGrey
ribbon - from my stash

I did not use a base card but cut the shape (square with half circles) by hand. I turned the sketch by 90 degrees so that I can open the card by folding it up. The various circles in the sketch are (from the left) a flower, a big flower, the bow, the sentiment and another flower.
It was great fun to put the card together and I am looking forward to the next challenge :-) Petra.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Wow, what a creative and great way you have used the sketch. A beautiful card!
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors.
Hugs, Marianne.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails