Sunday 2 September 2012

Teddybear Cake

To all of you who had a good guess, thank you so much. And here is the finished product
 
 cake: vanilla sponge filled with strawberry jam and vanilla buttercream topped with soft fondant and royal icing
bees: soft fondant and flower paste
I received a colleague's request to create a teddybear cake a la Paul Bradford who makes the most amazing and perfect looking cakes, his tutorials and cakes are a true inspiration. The teddybear was to be one with 'proper' fur and bees and everything. This was so difficult. It took me a very long time to cut, sculpt and then decorate the cake - especially as Mr Teddybear was a bit unruly, the royal icing didn't dry fast enough and started slipping ... nightmare! In the end I think the cake bear looked almost a little bit like one of my teddybears (lol)
 Sue and Marjie went for Winnie the Pooh and Debbie was getting close after the first teaser post. Ladies, I will contact you for your snail mail address. Many thanks for all the lovely comments, have a lovely start to the week, now off to do some crafting (smile) ... Petra.


10 comments:

2amscrapper said...

This is fantastic! I knew it was something with feet but didn't think of a bear. Congrats to the winners!

Netty said...

wow I would never have guessed it was going to be a bear. This is so fabulous Petra. x

Anonymous said...

That is the most awesome cake I have ever seen!

Krisha said...

How absolutlely ADORABLE!! What a great job you did.

Robin said...

This is amazing!! I can't believe it's a cake!!

Hugs,
Robin

Sharon said...

This is so gorgeous Petra - you are so clever!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

I can't get over how fluffy he looks... totally like fur. You do amazing things with frosting!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Oh my goodness! What an awesome cake! That is talent!

Sherry said...

Oh Petra, it's turned out beautifully (even though it wasn't Spongebob - LOL). All your hard work was so worth while as you've really achived a wonderful effect with the fur. What a lucky little girl the receipient was, and I bet it tasted great too x

Sherry said...

Oh Petra, it's turned out beautifully (even though it wasn't Spongebob - LOL). All your hard work was so worth while as you've really achived a wonderful effect with the fur. What a lucky little girl the receipient was, and I bet it tasted great too x

(apologies if this is a duplicated comment, but I forgot to log in first time!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails