Saturday 6 August 2011

Joys of Childhood - special delivery

What a wonderful theme at Gingersnap Creations for this month. And so fitting for August. The first Chestnut Theme challenge is: Babes and Tots
Normally it is the stork delivering the babies but now and again they need a little bit of help ... and postmen are just the right people to give a hand with special deliveries! The idea came about after I saw the image at Flickr. I couldn't help it, I had to use it. It is just too cute.
At first the paper from Prima Marketing is layered onto a square white card, the edges are slightly distressed with some distress ink. I cut a label for the sentiment using a ledger image from the Vintage Moth. The embellishments are some lace, staples, stamped postmarks from Craft Individuals and a stamp and a little found object in form of a little metal bird.

To see more wonderful childhood pieces, just pop over to the Gingersnap blog - get inspired - and join us. Petra.

15 comments:

Carla said...

what a beautiful page.

Sandi McLean said...

Petra, how adorable! The image is just the thing!

2amscrapper said...

This on really speaks to me. I love your art and the image is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Your card is so cool. Everything is in just the right place! The longer I look the more I see, simply fantastic!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece! Valerie

Martina said...

Das sieht spitzenmäßig aus, liebe Petra!
Ganz fantastische Collage!

overo said...

Wow , fab card !!! I love the old style...
Greetings from Austria
Have a nice sunday
Heike

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely brilliant, petra,

lucy x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Petra,
This piece is totally amazing, my friend!!! I LOVE it!

XO
Cindy

Deb (dcorder) said...

So beautiful!!

Jingle said...

This is just beautiful!

Netty said...

Terrific page and love the babes face...lol xx

Anonymous said...

What a cool piece! Love all fabulous touches! Just fantastic!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful piece, great background.

Unknown said...

I love this design Petra!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails