Wednesday 1 September 2010

Time Travel

Back to Ancient Ages - for Gingersnap Creations and as Visiting Artist! I am so thrilled and I still cannot believe it! But I was more than happy to start the journey for the month of September with going on a trip back in time .... Egypt, land of pyramids, treasures, sand, pharaos and so much more. My little pyramid book will tell you a story about the journey, the sites to visit and the treasures to find. It all started with a map ....
... and the plan to follow the sun and the stream into a foreign land by means of boat, animals and on foot ....

... in the end to find a long lost treasure ....

To create this little book I used slightly textured 300gsm watercolour card and covered it inside and outside with Rayher patterned paper. The vintage images are from The Vintage Moth and Arthur's Clipart. I stamped the Egyptian images with Tanda stamps with brilliance and Elzybells hybrid ink onto the watercolour card. You will find quite a bit of embossing using papermania gold embossing powder because I eventually treated myself to a heatgun and need to practise a lot (lol) ... and lots of stickles and glitter. The little sarkophag is made of Fimo, the mould is from Lucy who kindly offered me the mould when she heard that I would travel to ancient Egypt. Lucy is a very talented lady and she is this month's muse over at Gingersnap Creations.

Now you know all about my travel, why don't you hop over to Gingersnap Creations to see for yourself all the amazing work from the DT, the visiting artists and Lucy and hopefully even take part yourself? Petra.

NB Somebody very close to my heart now pointed out that Ancient Ages is a whisky and was surprised that I had only thought of it in historical terms ... well, I suppose it is all about getting your priorities right (lol)

7 comments:

Netty said...

What a fabulous project Petra, its terrific. Annette x

SewPaperPaint said...

Really neat piece!
xx,
Autumn Clark

~*~Patty S said...

ooh la laa Petra, your attention to detail is fabulous!
I can just imagine people giving out a "gasp" when they open your beautiful pyramid. Fantatic!
oxo

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh Petra, this is even more amazing than it looked on GSC! I love all the little details and opening it up to see the treasure! Thank you for mentioning me and it will be such fun to be side by side on Gingersnaps this month.

Lucy x

Unknown said...

Woo hoo babe you have started with a bang! nothing to worry about at all. it all looks FAB to me hun

Love Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delightful, Petra! What a gorgeous piece!

Lorraine said...

OMG!!!! That is awesome.
I saw it over at Gingersnap but never saw the inside. Fantastic work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails