Monday 21 December 2009

Brag Monday & last minute tags

It has been quite an interesting Monday so far. When looking out of the window, big white snow flakes are falling out of the skye covering all surroundings into something magic. My daughter came this morning and we ended up making rocky bites

AND Karen, the Graphics Fairy, bragged about my work on her blog. I feel very honoured, my journey into the world of vintage graphics only began recently. It has been - and still is - a steep learning curve and has given me immense joy and pleasure. And it all started off with the discovery of The Graphics Fairy blog.

During the last days I tried to finish my Christmas cards but it seemed to be hopeless so I retreated to make a few last minute tags, one for Christmas and one for New Year. For both tags I used images from Karen.


Let's start with the New Year - this is also for the Sketchy Color (a sketch which I flipped horizontally)

and the Daring Cardmaker Challenge (New Beginnings)

For the New Year tag I cropped the image first, then printed it twice in two different sizes, cut it with nestabilities and layered it on Kraftcard from Elzybells, corrugated card and fabric. The Kraftcard is stamped with clocks. The No 1 in the image is slightly larger than the one in the original image. I did cut it out and covered it in orange glitter (which is now everywhere!). For the sentiment and the digits I used part of the original image, added white text and then cut it into shape.

and go back in time not only for Brag Monday but also for the Play Date Cafe challenge which is all about the colours blue, gold and cream



This was trickier because I had the idea to merge the French label with the Santa image. I just seemed to fit perfectly into each other. But it was easier said than done as Gimp is not my favourite tool and it is extremely difficult for me to cut straight lines. I also cleared some areas on the Franch label and added different text. You can see the outcome on one of the small images. This image is layered on gold glitter card, some patterned paper, small dark blue ribbon and golden tulle fabric. The finishing touches include a dark blue fabric rose, gold glitter and some blue bling.

Tomorrow will be another interesting day, it will be my first day back at work - at least if I can get through the snow :-)

I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a very happy New Year. Petra.

14 comments:

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

These are so very lovely, wonderful texture and depth!

Tanya said...

Super! Very beautiful, lovely colors)

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Petra,
These are gorgeous, as is everything you do! You have such a knack for picking out the perfect embellishments for every image you use!! Love the merged Santa and label images, so pretty! I'm glad you liked your feature today, it was well deserved. Thanks for playing along again today.

Lythan said...

what wonderful cards Petra. thanks for joining in with DCM this week :)

mckinkle said...

Wow Petra, they are just stunning! Its hard to believe you havent been doing this vintage look for many years! Its gives me hope!

I really adore the New Year tag, it is truly a beautiful work of art!

Well done on being 'bragged' about by Karen today, it was so well deserved!

Happy Christmas to you!
Keryn x

Tammara said...

Both tags are so beautiful. I love the different textures you used.

Unknown said...

I love all the texture in these tags, Petra. And the colors are wonderful. The box and brooch on The Graphic Fairy were beautiful too!!

Sandi said...

oh my goodness perfect take on the color, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Lynda said...

They are all gorgeous Petra but I really do love the New Year tag - the red and the kraft go so well together. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

*Alison* said...

WOW.. these are both so STUNNING.. you have a way with vintage.. and bringing things to life.. Thanks for playing with us at the cafe.. HUGS

~Check out the new free digital stamps on my blog..

Hearts Turned said...

Fabulous, Petra! I love this vintage card! Beautifully done--thanks for playing along with us at The Cafe' and Merry Christmas to you!

SueH said...

Beautiful work there Petra.
Your New Year tag is a work of art!

Hope you have a great Christmas
Sue
x

Andrea said...

love the vintagelook, it's perfect

Maya said...

Such beautiful works!
Love all you`re details and the wonderful colors!
Thank you for joining us at SC!
Hugs from Maya :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails