Tuesday 6 November 2012

Celestial Wax Crayons

... or a little piece of scratch art (lol). The challenge for this week over at Tag Tuesday: Celestial somehow reminded me immediately about my childhood and about the time I spent with my kids crafting. Using wax crayons, covering yourself in black wax bits and then scratching happily away, it had always been great fun and a brilliant mess ... and it is still today! I couldn't resist to scratch happily away ....
I cut a little tag from a piece of leftover card and covered it with various colours of wax crayons. After applying a very thick layer of black wax crayon, I started to scratch the little pattern of moon and some stars using my craft scissors
For the final design I added a stamped sentiment and little stars (stamps: Elzybells) and some raffia and little star beads.  Happy Scratching, Petra.

7 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Wonderful!

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Petra this could not be any more clever than it is!
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

What a clever idea and great effect! I need crayons! Have a great day!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

how fun! I love your moon. I remember doing painting like this in art as a child? it was great fun. your tag is the sweetest!

Donna Ellis said...

aw, what a cute tag! I used to spend hours with this technique as a child, and had forgotten about it! Looks great! I wonder what would happen at the end if wax paper was placed on top and ironed! hmmm, you've got me wanting to play with the technique - thank you, Petra!

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow! I never would've thought this would work that way... love it!

Juliet A said...

I love how artsy and clean and cute this is!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails