Thursday 29 March 2012

De-Stash: Patterend Paper

A brilliant idea from Ali .... I have to clear out my craftroom as we get guests very soon and need my craftroom as a bedroom and we will start to decorate the house very soon (sigh). When going through all the wonderful papers I have collected and which are more than 3 months old, I couldn't really decide what to choose ... there are too many! In the end I settled for some paper blocks which I acquired but never used because I was not sure what to do with them apart from looking at them and admiring the colours, designs and the paper itself (lol). 
I decided to make some cards and once I had started I couldn't stop anymore ... my design recipe was simple: A6 cards, Union Jack (because of all the celebrations taking place here in Britain), simple and quick. I made three different sets of cards and if you would like to see them all, please take a look here
For Ali's de-stash challenge I chose my two favourite cards from the sets: The base are white A6 cards which are layered with Tilda papers. The bits and pieces for the Union Jack were cut by hand using a stencil as template. With only the flag the cards looked a bit plain so I added some little decorations: a Sizzix die-cut butterfly with some little blings 
and a little layered heart ornament in various Tilda papers
If you have not de-stashed yet there is still time to take part in the challenge which will end on 31.03. Happy De-stashing, Petra.

8 comments:

Peggy Parker said...

Do our destash cards have to be the Union Jack pattern? Where do we post them?

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your de-stash card sets! Fabulous!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice cards! Valerie

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful cards. The colours are SO pretty. Perfect.xx

2amscrapper said...

so clever and brilliantly executed idea

Terry said...

Now that is some gorgeous de-stashing! Beautiful cards and how clever to use the pieces to create a flag! Happy Weekend!

Ali Manning said...

Wow - what a fantastic idea - I love this!!! And you're right, there's lots to celebrate this year in the UK. I won't be there for the Jubilee, but I'll be there for the Olympics. Sorry to hear you have to spend time decorating not crafting. Thanks for playing the de-stash challenge :)

Marjie Kemper said...

These are wonderful! Love the design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails