Friday 11 February 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

I know and I am sorry, it is a wee bit late but it is still the year of the Rabbit
The card is based on the February Cardchain challenge from Deborah. She gave three options for the challenge which you can use partly or all three of them. This month it is
for the colours
for the sketch
and the themes are
St Patrick's Day or Friendship or Chinese New Year

For my card I chose Chinese New Year and if I am generous with myself I think I managed to stick sort of with the sketch and the colour, well, maybe very light seafoam (lol).
The card itself is A6 white cardstock. For the layering I used patterend papers (some leftovers I cannot define anymore which company they came from). The edge is punched with a Stampin' Up edge punch. Both images (rabbit and chinese sign) I downloaded from the web, the rabbit is a free clipart image.
When looking at images of the New Year celebrations, I realized that the rabbit was not only bright red but is also covered white patterns over his body which I tried to simulate by stamping some flowers and a spirale (Penny Black with Elzybells ink) and doing some doodling with white gel pen.
Have a great weekend, Petra.

Linked to: Card Chain Challenge

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card! Schönes Wochenende!

Netty said...

Terrific card. Never realised it was the year of the Rabbit.....dumb or dumber....lol Annette x

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Petra--this card is amazing!!! I love, love it!!
Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day too!

I just created the magazine post, so when you get a chance,
you're welcome to come see it and if you want, feel free to announce it on your blog that you're a Guest Artist for Valentine's week.
Big (((hugs))) being sent your way. You're amazing and talented and awesome!!!
XO

Donnie said...

That is a gorgeous card. Visiting from Cindy's beautiful magazine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails