Wednesday 13 October 2010

Spicy Supply Challenge & Tags

I think I am tagged ... or at least I have the tag bug (lol) .... this month's Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge is : Versamark ... and I created two more tags ... and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The brief for this challenge is: "Versamark is a brand name and any other clear embossing ink will work just fine. This versatile ink can be used for embossing, resist techniques, watermarking and much more."

Not having used Versamark a lot it was an exciting challenge. There are so many possibilities - creating backgrounds in various ways, embossing stamped images and sentiments, .... I found a technique I hadn't used beforehand: stamping with Versamark and colouring with chalks to create beautiful images and backgrounds ... and I LOVE it - the process and the results!

The tags were cut out of white card and then layered with pastel coloured paper by Rayher and Basic Grey. I stamped onto the basic tags with Versamark ink using Lavinia stamps and for the left hand side of the blue tag a paper doily. To highlight the stamping I carefully applied chalks onto the stamped images starting with the lightest colour. I loved this process, the result is so subtle but yet so striking - I think (lol)
The finishing touches are stamped sentiments and spider webs embossed, ribbons, buttons and stickles for the Fairies ....

If you want more inspirations, please go and visit Gingersnap Creations. The work displayed is just stunning. And hopefully you will join us .... happy crafting, Petra.

8 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Petra--these are gorgeous!!! And you sure used the product amazingly!! I love your pics of them too...It took hours to get a picture of my Moon Dreams tag and I don't like it but it was the best I could come up with! lol
XO
Cindy

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous tags, lovely ribbon, love them both:0) xx

Netty said...

Hi Petra, I love your tags, such great colours and design. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Love your fabulous tags! The blue one has such a wonderful background look and the orange one has such a fab use of images!

Ali Manning said...

I love your tags, Petra - glad you had fun playing with Versamark!

Lila said...

woooo Petra,fabulous tags I love all

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful tags Petra, specially loved the orange one ...
Wishing you a wonderful weekend

Ali said...

So beautiful.....everything on here is, I could spend weeks looking through here and no doubt will in the weeks ahead lol!! So glad I found this today :-)

Ali x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails