Monday 15 February 2010

T-Shirt and Carnival

For quite a while now I wanted to do something with the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' saying from Karen and here came the occasion: to decorate two plain t-shirts with something a bit different. I had a light blue and a lilac/blue t-shirt so I decided to use both images with the black and the pink background and to alter them a little bit. As the wearer of the t-shirts is a bit of a ladyman the choice was quite easy:

The images I used are from the collections of Karen's, The Graphics Fairy, and from Kathy (Vintage Catnip). After generating the images I printed the images transfer paper for t-shirts and ironed them on to the t-shirts.

The second project this week is dedicated to Carnival. Today, on Monday, most parts of Germany have gone into carnival mode with people being disguised and celebrating throughout the day and night. If you are interested to see what it looks like, here you find some images (lol). I made a little hanging harlequin



The body is made of corrugated card (white and red). The circles for the legs, arms and body are separated by little buttons and wooden pearls whereby the circles for the body are slightly larger than for the limbs. Body, legs and arms are joined with some pearls and a large button. The same technique is used for joining body and head.
The head is made of polystyrene covered with fabric for the face (transfer image) and paper. For the hat I used dotted white/red paper. The image is another adorable graphic from the Graphics Fairy.
And as fools and harlequins are never silent I attached two little bells to arm and leg.
Happy carnival, Petra.

3 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Petra,
What a great job you did on the shirts, they turned out great!! My favorite is the Harlequin doll though, he is fabulous!! I love that you used that little clown face, that image has been in my family for several generations. I found it hidden away in a secret compartment in an old piece of furniture that belonged to my Great Grandparents. Thanks so much for playing along for another "Brag Monday".

Jacqueline said...

You did a wonderful job with those T-shirts and Karens freebies!

LeAnn said...

I really want to make something with them too! Great idea on the shirts. By the looks of things you are quite creative. ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails