Thursday 6 August 2009

My first ever blog

This is my first ever blog. It is scary but at the same time quite exciting. Scary because I am not so sure how to organize the blog (colours, text, etc), where to start and how to fill it with all the bits and pieces I would like to share and because it also means quite a bit of a commitment to keep it up-to-date regularly.
But I must admit I enjoyed playing with all the features and I am excited about all the possibilities such a blog offers - not at least to use it as showcase for my own work while at the same time to see it as possibility to communicate with others.

I work full-time, so the time I can do some crafting is unfortunately rather limited. But I try to do my best to share the free-time between various pastimes: cardmaking, sewing, crochet, gardening, photography and, my absolute favourite one, baking.

Lately I concentrated more on making cards as for the cakes I always need some friendly people who are willing to eat my creations - and in summer a lot of friends and colleagues are on holidays :-) I am a novice cardmaker, learning a lot every time I make a card and still trying to find my own style.

A birthday card for a dear friend - a mix of stamped sentiments, buttons, yarn and paper flowers.

The first card I used my sewing machine on paper finding myself absolutely surprised how well it works!



The Swiss Dot Embossing folder from Cuttlebug is just marvellous, the first time I used it and I love it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails